A Campus-Wide Comprehensive Well-Being Initiative
At BGSU our mission is to intentionally prepare students, faculty, and staff to lead meaningful and productive lives. THRIVE helps achieve this mission and provide the fundamental life skills, resources, and support to enhance the welfare of our campus community by promoting the integration of the eight dimensions of well-being.
What participants have to say about THRIVE
THRIVE sessions helped me feel more calm, less worried, and able to see what I'm grateful for in my life. The sessions and activities were intersting and got the audience involved. ~ Former THRIVE Participant
Well-O-Ween Walk & Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Move for your mood and join us for a Well-O-Ween Walk! Stop by anytime between 11:30 AM - 1 PM to treat yourself to a short and energizing Halloween-themed walk with great company. Plus, receive free healthy treats, the chance to get your updated COVID-19 booster and flu shot, and participate in additional wellness activities.
- Date/Time: Tuesday, October 31 from 11:30 AM – 1 PM
- Location: Perry Field House track room
- Free for faculty, staff, students & community members
- 1-mile walk with optional pumpkin strength circuits
- Updated COVID-19 booster and flu shot clinic provided by Wood County Hospital
- Open for walk-ins from 9 AM – 1 PM (no appointment required). Please bring your insurance card.
- Free healthy treats courtesy of BGSU Dining
- Ride the Blender Bike and make a free smoothie!
- Relax with the PAWS Team Therapy Dogs
- Mental health resources
- Pumpkin decorating contest
- Work teams, colleagues, student orgs, friends, or any group on campus can join the pumpkin decorating contest. To join, all pumpkins need to be turned in by Friday, October 27. Contact Karyn Smith email@example.com to arrange. (No carving please, just painting or decorating.)
- Pumpkins will be displayed at Well-O-Ween for attendees to vote on. The winning team with the most votes receives a team prize!
Get A Personalized Well-Being Consultation
Interested in making a healthy lifestyle change, but not sure where to start? Schedule a free consult to receive support and assistance with developing a personalized well-being action plan! Receive encouragement in a nonjudgmental space to discuss your goals, ways to overcome barriers and how to use your strengths to enhance your overall well-being.
Whether you are seeking to manage/reduce stress, increase physical activity, improve mental well-being, improve energy levels, or navigate transitions – our Wellness Staff is here to help!
Well-Being is a Journey.
Well-being is an active pursuit to achieve harmony between the many dimensions in our lives, and when balanced, brings a sense of satisfaction, optimism, purpose and meaningful connection to others. THRIVE was developed to empower your well-being journey and to help foster the development of necessary life skills to succeed at BGSU and beyond.
THRIVE Primary Goals
- Increase Mental Health Awareness and Promote Resources - Mental health is just as important as physical health. Our goal is to improve our campus community’s understanding of positive mental health and help students, faculty and staff develop skills, knowledge and perspective on positive well-being practices. THRIVE also promotes available resources for students, faculty, and staff who might need support, and reduce any stigma that might exist around seeking help.
- Build Healthy Self-Care Habits and Life Skills - THRIVE aims to help individuals discover how to cope with the stressors of everyday life and develop healthy self-care habits and life skills to succeed and flourish.
- Foster a Supportive and Inclusive Community - THRIVE aims to foster a shared sense of belonging and supportive environment on campus. Our goal is to build a thriving and resilient culture of health and well-being at BGSU.and when balanced, brings a sense of satisfaction, optimism, purpose and meaningful connection to others. THRIVE was developed to empower your well-being journey and to help foster the development of necessary life skills to succeed at BGSU and beyond.between the many dimensions in our well-being
Developing stress management skills, resiliency and grit, and establishing healthy self-care habits are all essential for living a healthy, meaningful life. Facilitated by the Counseling Center and Wellness Connection Peer Health Educators, these 45-minute interactive, educational sessions can be requested by any campus group (student organization, Residence Hall, department, academic class, and faculty or staff meetings), free of charge!
THRIVE Educational session topics include:
- Stress Survival
- Healthy Relationships
- Grit and Resilience
- Healthy Coping
- Exercise is Medicine
- Alcohol, Other Drugs and More
Patrons and guests with disabilities are requested to indicate if special services, assistance, or appropriate modifications are needed to fully participate. Contact Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.372.8495 prior to the activity.
Upcoming FREE THRIVE Events and Programs
Updated: 09/22/2023 12:16PM