A Campus-Wide Comprehensive Well-Being Initiative
At BGSU our mission is to intentionally prepare students, faculty, and staff to lead meaningful and productive lives. THRIVE helps achieve this mission and provide the fundamental life skills, resources, and support to enhance the welfare of our campus community by promoting the integration of the eight dimensions of well-being.
This is a FREE challenge for BGSU faculty, staff and students that is designed to encourage and support YOU on your well-being journey.
Participating is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Commit to the challenge! Register for the free challenge to receive full program details and weekly updates on all the well-being offerings available.
- Take action! Prioritize your health and well-being - Dedicate time to participate in THRIVE and/or Falcon Fitness opportunities! Earn a point for every session you attend:
- Earn 10 or more points and receive a prize.
- Stop by the Well-O-Ween Walk on October 31 from 11 Am - 1 PM at the Perry Field House to celebrate, take a fun movement break, and select your prize.
For More Information: Contact Karyn Smith, Health Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants have to say about THRIVE
THRIVE sessions helped me feel more calm, less worried, and able to see what I'm grateful for in my life. The sessions and activities were intersting and got the audience involved. ~ Former THRIVE Participant
Get A Personalized Well-Being Consultation
Interested in making a healthy lifestyle change, but not sure where to start? Schedule a free consult to receive support and assistance with developing a personalized well-being action plan! Receive encouragement in a nonjudgmental space to discuss your goals, ways to overcome barriers and how to use your strengths to enhance your overall well-being.
Whether you are seeking to manage/reduce stress, increase physical activity, improve mental well-being, improve energy levels, or navigate transitions – our Wellness Staff is here to help!
Well-Being is a Journey.
Well-being is an active pursuit to achieve harmony between the many dimensions in our lives, and when balanced, brings a sense of satisfaction, optimism, purpose and meaningful connection to others. THRIVE was developed to empower your well-being journey and to help foster the development of necessary life skills to succeed at BGSU and beyond.
THRIVE Primary Goals
- Increase Mental Health Awareness and Promote Resources - Mental health is just as important as physical health. Our goal is to improve our campus community’s understanding of positive mental health and help students, faculty and staff develop skills, knowledge and perspective on positive well-being practices. THRIVE also promotes available resources for students, faculty, and staff who might need support, and reduce any stigma that might exist around seeking help.
- Build Healthy Self-Care Habits and Life Skills - THRIVE aims to help individuals discover how to cope with the stressors of everyday life and develop healthy self-care habits and life skills to succeed and flourish.
- Foster a Supportive and Inclusive Community - THRIVE aims to foster a shared sense of belonging and supportive environment on campus. Our goal is to build a thriving and resilient culture of health and well-being at BGSU.and when balanced, brings a sense of satisfaction, optimism, purpose and meaningful connection to others. THRIVE was developed to empower your well-being journey and to help foster the development of necessary life skills to succeed at BGSU and beyond.between the many dimensions in our well-being
Developing stress management skills, resiliency and grit, and establishing healthy self-care habits are all essential for living a healthy, meaningful life. Facilitated by the Counseling Center and Wellness Connection Peer Health Educators, these 45-minute interactive, educational sessions can be requested by any campus group (student organization, Residence Hall, department, academic class, and faculty or staff meetings), free of charge!
THRIVE Educational session topics include:
- Stress Survival
- Healthy Relationships
- Grit and Resilience
- Healthy Coping
- Exercise is Medicine
- Alcohol, Other Drugs and More
Patrons and guests with disabilities are requested to indicate if special services, assistance, or appropriate modifications are needed to fully participate. Contact Accessibility Services at email@example.com or 419.372.8495 prior to the activity.
Upcoming FREE THRIVE Events and Programs
Updated: 10/03/2022 03:53PM