August 2020 Press Release
Safe Communities announced today there have been six fatal crashes to date, compared to eight at this time last year.
A mid-year review of traffic statistics for Wood County has revealed very concerning trends:
- 35% of all crashes involve youthful drivers
- 34% of all crashes involve mature drivers
- 24% of all crashes involve some extent of injury
- 14% of all crashes had unbelted drivers and passengers
- 12% of all crashes involve speed
- 12% of all crashes were as a result of the driver failing to yield
- Wednesday is the #1 day for crashes, followed closely by Friday and Thursday
Let’s strive to make the second half of 2020 safer on the roads.
For More Information:
Lt. Angel Burgos, Ohio State Highway Patrol: 419-352-2481
Sandy Wiechman, Safe Communities Coordinator: 419-372-9353 or firstname.lastname@example.org