SilverSneakers is an overall wellness program that helps you improve your health and live the life you want. It is offered to Medicare-eligible and group reitree members of participating health plans, often at no cost. SilverSneakers members are permitted to use multiple facilities to meet their health and fitness needs. This means, you can become a SilverSneakers member of the BGSU Student Recreation Center even if you have already enrolled in a membership or programming at other local clubs or health facilities.
Getting Started at BGSU is Easy
- Stop by the SRC Welcome Desk with your SilverSneakers card or personal ID number
- Register for a complimentary SRC
facility membership and Older
Adult Fitness classes.
Classes are offered to all SilverSneakers members and include a variety of options and modifications for all fitness levels and abilities. The classes are led by certified instructors trained specifically in teaching adult fitness.
- Purchase a parking pass (if needed): $12/Semester or $20/Academic Year
- Tour the facility and start exercising at no extra cost!
- Complimentary equipment orientations are also available.
BGSU Student Recreation Center Amenities offered to SilverSneakers Members
- Two pools: lap swimming and warm water leisure pool
- Indoor track at the SRC or Perry Field House
- Activity court to play Pickleball and other activities
- Weight/strength area with selectorized machines and free weights
- Wide variety of cardio machines
- Stretching area
- Racquetball courts
- Hot Tub and Sauna
For More Information about SilverSneakers at BGSU:
Karyn Smith, Health Educator
419.372.9309 | firstname.lastname@example.org