Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As we continue to navigate through unparalleled times together, the health and well-being of our loyal patrons, student employees, faculty/staff and community guests remains our top priority. The University is diligently working, in conjunction with state and local officials, to develop safe re-open protocols. Recommendations are expected to be reviewed mid-June. At that time, additional information will be available regarding the status of Recreation and Wellness facilities and in-person programming.
Our department remains committed to providing resources and motivation to help you maintain an active and healthy lifestyle throughout this difficult time including a variety of virtual activities and Group X classes. This page is maintained regularly, and you can follow us on social media for updates as well.
Check out the BGSU Virtual Engagement page for lots of other ways to stay in touch with your friends, instructors, and the BGSU community.
We have compiled the following list of resources to help you stay active at home.
Strength, Cardio & More…
- Les Mills on Demand – A streaming site with free access to over 100 workouts across 10 categories including something for the whole family. Free content will be available for at least two months, and may be extended.
- FitnessBlender - Features over 600 full length at home workouts. Quick, simple, and to the point.
- POPSUGAR Fitness - Fun, fresh, and upbeat at home workouts.
- Sarah's Day - Quick workouts aimed at sweating hard and burning fat. Generally around 15 minutes.
- YMCA 360 – Bootcamp, yoga, barre and classes for active older adults.
- Peleton App - Free for 90 days. A mix of running, strength, toning, cycling, yoga, meditation and outdoor workouts.
- Down Dog Yoga – Practice yoga from your living room! Down Dog is making all of their apps – Down Dog, Yoga for Beginners, HIIT, Barre, and 7 Minute Workout – completely free until April 1st.
- Blogilates - Full length pilates inspired workouts you can follow along at home.
- Morgan Tyler - Yoga flows designed to elevate your mood!
- Yoga with Adriene - a great beginners series | Specific video on yoga for stress and anxiety
- Runner's World - Maybe now is the time to train for that 5/10K?
- Hal Higdon Running Plans - Alternative running plans from professional running coach, Hal Higdon.
ACE (American Council on Exercise) Fitness
American College of Sports Medicine - Staying Physically Active During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During this time, Recreation and Wellness staff remain committed to the health and wellness of students, faculty, staff, and the community. Please reach out to us with questions regarding programs and services, we are happy to help.
Aquatics: firstname.lastname@example.org | Chris Ballard: email@example.com
Club Sports: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nashid Bracy: email@example.com
Falcon Fitness: firstname.lastname@example.org | Karyn Smith: email@example.com
Intramural Sports: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nashid Bracy: email@example.com
Membership: Malissa Lambert: firstname.lastname@example.org
Older Adult Fitness: email@example.com | Karyn Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Program: email@example.com | Thomas Worsham: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellness Connection: email@example.com | Faith DeNardo: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Family: email@example.com | Chris Ballard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Falcon Fitness Virtual Classes
Our motivated and energetic Falcon Fitness staff miss seeing you in person but that won't stop us from sharing time together. Join us on Instagram Live to interact and keep moving.
- Mondays: Total Body Burn with Lauren | 5:30 - 6 PM | IG
- Tuesdays: Cardio Core Circuits with Sarah | Noon - 12:30 PM | IG
- Wednesdays: Total Body Burn with Andrea | 5:30 - 6 PM | IG
- Thursdays: Yoga with Kelsey | 12:10 - 12:50 PM | FB
Hip Hop Fitness with Adrienne | 5:30 - 6 PM | IG
- Fridays: Yoga with Theresa | Noon - 12:30 PM | IG
Older Adult Fitness Classes on Facebook Live:
Join our Older Adult Fitness Facebook Community to tune in.
All classes conducted at 9 AM, May 18 - July 1.
- Mondays: Strength Training with Karyn
- Wednesdays: Virtual Groove with DeeDee/Adrienne
- Thursdays: Circuit with Adrienne & Kayla
- Fridays: Gentle Chair Yoga with Rachel
Focused Falcon Mindful Moments Workshops
Offered to help manage stress, strengthen focus and attention, and increase memory. Additional key components of the workshop include learning mindfulness meditation, stress management techniques, methods to respond to difficult situations, and skills to live with intention and purpose.
- Summer Workshop Dates: June 24, July 1, 8, 15
- Time: 12:30 - 1:20 PM via Zoom
- Register Online: https://form.jotform.com/201463893360153
Our personal trainers are offering live, Q&A sessions on the Falcon Fitness Instagram (@BGSUFitness). Join in and ask about at-home workouts, how to use equipment, and other fitness and wellness topics.
Kids Virtual Activities
Kids Camp Director, Chris Ballard, hosts weekly activities for kids on YouTube Live on Thursdays at 2 PM. Each week features a variety of guests and diverse activities including crafts, physical games, and things that youth and families can do at home together.
Red Cross Blood Drives at the Perry Field House
For more information and to confirm times and policies, please contact Diane Smith with the American Red Cross at email@example.com.
Active Minds' Remote Resources Hub: An online hub providing support to students for their mental health during COVID-19.
Health.Gov: Find information about a variety of topics that benefit your overall well-being including food and nutirtion, health literacy, staying active and health care.
Health.Gov's Dietary Guidelines: Resources to educate you about developing a healthy eating pattern.
The Science of Well-Being - A FREE course from Yale that teaches you how to be happy!
Training for Climbers - The Power Company overviews training you can do at home.
Gripped Indoor Climbing - Stay-at-Home Climbing Routine A Free Climbing Technique Guide
Yoga with Iena Yuna - Hip Flexor Training for Climbers - Improving High Stepping and Frogging
Outdoor Places and Spaces
Yellowstone National Partk Virtual Tours - Explore the park virtually and enjoyr a tour of the main attractions.
Activities You Can do From Home - Provided by the National Parks Foundation
Hiking Trails in Ohio - Provided by Only in Your State - Be sure to check with the parks listed to confirm their current status of operations.
Zoo and Aquarium Live Feeds - A list compied by CBS News.