MAC Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP)
Bowling Green State University is pleased to join with other colleges and universities in the Mid- American Conference (MAC) to participate in the Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP). The mission of the MAC ALDP is to identify, develop, prepare and advance faculty as academic leaders in the Mid-American Conference universities. The program provides an opportunity for University faculty to gain valuable knowledge and experience in academic leadership by working closely with select administrators from other colleges and universities in the MAC.
Applications for the 2018-19 MAC Academic Leadership Development Program (ALDP) Fellows DUE: April 16, 2018
2017-18 Academic Leadership Development Program Faculty Fellows
Key outcomes of the program include:
- Articulate the complexity of the structure and operations within an institution and across institutions;
- Describe the impact of the external influences on the role of leaders in a higher institution. This should include, but is not limited to, federal/state regulations and mandates, accreditation, and community influence;
- Identify best practices in academic leadership;
- Assess one’s own leadership potential, including strengths and weaknesses, and identify leadership pathways;
- Communicate the importance of inclusive excellence.
Up to three qualified faculty will be selected each year to serve as University of Toledo ALDP Fellows. The program has two components: a university-level development program for the selected fellows facilitated by the provost’s office and institutional administrators, and participation in two, 3-day MAC-wide workshops for all program participants that will be held on one of the MAC school campuses. These workshops will address topics such as conflict resolution, budgeting, accreditation and accountability.
The goal of this program is to expose faculty who are interested in administration to the challenges and rewards of institutional service and to prepare them for potential leadership positions within the academy. Whether or not a Fellow ultimately chooses to pursue an administrative position in the future, the program will, at a minimum, provide him or her with a better appreciation for and understanding of how universities operate.
Questions regarding the Academic Leadership Development Program should be directed to Julia M. Matuga, firstname.lastname@example.org