Northern Ohio Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate
Considering a Graduate Degree in Biology or Photochemical Sciences?
Would you like financial, academic, and professional support as you go through your graduate program?
Northern Ohio Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (NOA-AGEP) can help
With support from the National Science Foundation, the Northern Ohio AGEP Alliance (NOA-AGEP) was created to increase the number of underrepresented, minority students completing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) doctoral degrees and to prepare them for entry into the professoriate.
Apply to Become an AGEP Scholar at Bowling Green State University
- The project guides talented students through graduate work and research
- Underrepresented minority graduate students that are admitted into PhD programs in the fields of biological sciences and photochemical sciences are invited to apply to become members of the fall 2016 BGSU AGEP Scholars cohort.
- If you would like to be considered for the AGEP scholar program at Bowling Green State University, please send an email expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, BGSU AGEP Scholars receive:
- A stipend enhancement (in addition to department funding)
- Travel allowance to attend a research conference
- Opportunities to participate in professional development activities/community building events (e.g. academic coaching, mentoring circles, NOA-AGEP research symposia)
Improving Future STEM Education
The fall 2016 AGEP Scholar cohort will serve as a model for ongoing research to improve underrepresented minority student participation, preparation and success in STEM graduate education – an approach that, hopefully, can be exported nationally.
For informations on The Department of Biological Sciences Graduate Program please visit: www.bgsu.edu/arts-and-sciences/biological-sciences/graduate-programs.html
For informations on The Center for Photochemical Sciences Graduate Program please visit: www.bgsu.edu/arts-and-sciences/center-for-photochemical-sciences/phd-program.html
For information on Fellowships, Scholarships, and Awards please visit: www.bgsu.edu/graduate/Graduate-Funding.html
The Northern Ohio AGEP Alliance (NOA-AGEP) was created to increase the number of underrepresented, minority students completing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) doctoral degrees and to prepare them for entry into the professoriate. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Numbers HRD 1432053, 1432864, 1432868, 1432878, 1432891, 1432921, and 1432950. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.