Independent Falcon Network
The Independent Falcon Network is a network for independent students, connecting them with individuals and resources that support and encourage academic success, self-reliance, and community.
- We strive to identify and maintain strong and enduring academic and professional networks on-campus and within the community
- We work to educate the community in the college-to-career pipeline about the needs, challenges, and discovery-driven solutions related to students who have, at some time, become unaccompanied by biological parents, guardians, and/or supportive family.
- We are passionate about helping students within the Independent Falcon Network actualize into leaders within local, regional and global communities
If you identify as any of the following:
- Emancipated minor
- Foster Youth
- Independent as ward of the court/orphaned
- Unaccompanied by biological parents due to other unique family circumstances
- Homeless or facing homelessness
Please request more information or apply online below.
Independent Falcon Network Mentoring Program
Eligible students will regularly meet with an assigned faculty or staff mentor to create a supportive, sustained mentoring relationship throughout the student's time at BGSU. Program features include social activities, one-on-one meetings, access to housing and food resources, and persistence incentives when funding permits. For more information, contact Stephanie Cramer, email@example.com.