Scholars selected to the Sidney A. Ribeau President's Leadership Academy [PLA] will have various and significant responsibilities and commitments. To retain membership it is critical the scholar remain in good standing through dedication to these obligations. Failure to maintain good standing may result in dismissal from the program and loss of the scholarship.
Prior to the First Semester
- Scholars must participate in the PLA Summer Program (early July through early August, only the summer before the first year). For additional details regarding the Summer Program, please click here .
- Scholars must pass all summer program courses.
- Scholars are expected to commit to four years of attendance at BGSU regardless of previously earned college credit.
During the Academic Year
Each PLA Scholar must participate, at a minimum, in the following required activities for all four years of their college experience:
- One-on-One meetings with a member of the PLA professional staff (once a month)
- Monthly PLA Forum meetings (Fridays, 5:30-7:00pm)
- Bi-weekly Cohort meetings
- Study Tables (two hours, three times a week during the first semester of the first year and any subsequent semester that the cumulative GPA falls below the PLA requirement)
- PLA Fall Retreat
- PLA Family Weekend Reception
- PLA Spring Banquet
- A minimum of 10 community service hours per semester through group and individual projects. Projects must demonstrate service to the BGSU community.
- PLA Service Project(s)
- Membership in at least one student organization (serve in an executive board position during 3rd and 4th years)
- AS 1000 and COMM 1020 in the first year
- Earn and maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Remain in good standing with Bowling Green State University (academically and socially)
- Additional requirements exist depending upon academic year and
For additional information regarding the PLA Curriculum, please click here .
Thank you for your interest in the PLA! If you have questions please contact us:
Sidney A. Ribeau President’s Leadership Academy