Ignite Mathematics Camp
Ignite Mathematics Camp 2021 REGISTER NOW
July 26-28, 2021 Explorers 6th - 8th Grade
The Ignite Mathematics Camp is a two-day camp at BGSU where students will engage in fun-filled experiences about teamwork, problem solving, mathematics, and the connections between mathematics and the real world. The camp curriculum aligns with the Ohio Learning Standards for Mathematics.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
Students will participate in specially-designed tasks that encourage mathematical reasoning, team work, and critical thinking, all in a camp-like atmosphere where there is song, dance, and silliness.
Social Distancing and Mask Requirements will be in place as directed by BGSU Protocols and guidance from CDC, State of Ohio, Ohio Department of Health and Wood County Department of Health.
Who can attend?
Students attending the IGNITE Math Juniors camp must be entering the 4th or 5th.
Students attending the IGNITE Math Explorers camp must be entering 6th through 8th grade.
Enrollment is limited to 30 students for each camp.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of camp is $105 per camper. This includes all materials necessary for the camp, and two snacks each day. Campers are required to bring a packed lunch.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Day 1: Full Day 7:45 - 5:00 PM
- Day 2: Full Day 7:45 - 5:00 PM
- Day 3: Part Day 7:45 - 3:00 PM
Please note: snacks will be provided every day, but not lunch. Campers should bring a packed lunch on the full day camp.
- June 28-30 - 4th & 5th Grade Students
- July 26-28 - 6th - 8th Grade Students
- Minimum enrollment for camp to run is 20 students.
- Camps may fill to capacity so register early.
Payment Information & Forms
- A link to complete deposit securing your campers place in camp will be sent in the registration confirmation e-mail.
- BGSU is partnering with CampDocs to collect necessary forms & waivers. Please keep an eye out for an updated e-mail with information on how to sign in to complete this step.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
- BGSU Waiver
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 14 days or more to the start of the program
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 14 days to the start of the program
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
*All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees, deposits and registration costs will be refunded.