HATCH® The Next Big Idea
HATCH® The Next Big Idea
See you in 2021
Following in the path of BGSU HATCH®, campers will work to plan, develop and showcase their very own unique ideas for a chance to be sponsored by local companies. Throughout the duration of camp, campers will learn the fundamentals of planning, developing and pitching their ideas to a room of investors. On the final day of camp, campers will present their ideas to potential sponsors, parents and guests who will vote for the winning idea. In addition to camp events, campers will experience life on BGSU’s campus residing in one of the residence halls and engaging in activities with current BGSU student counselors.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Learn how to explore problems and turn them into ideas
- Learn how to take an idea and turn it into an item
- Learn how to develop your plan from beginning to end
- Learn how to pitch your idea and prototype to investors
- Explore BGSU Campus and what it has to offer
- Network and meet other student entrepreneurs, faculty and staff
- Students will pitch their ideas during a closing program on the final day in front of parents, guests, BGSU faculty, staff and local business partners
- The winning team or top three individuals will receive a reward and have the opportunity for their idea to be
sponsored and developed
Who can attend?
Entrepreneurs who will be rising high school sophomores, juniors or seniors in the fall of 2021.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $655 dollars (camperships possible) covers all lodging, meals, transportation for field trips and take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle and t-shirt. The cost provides camp counselor and chaperone coverage (day/night) throughout the program.
How can I apply?
First, complete the full online form below so that we can learn more about you. Applicants will also have the opportunity to include an optional cover letter and an optional letter of reference. If you choose to have a recommender submit a letter of reference please direct them to the following link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay for the duration of the camp as often times academic and camp programs will occur into the evening hours.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants choosing to include an optional letter of reference should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date TBD - To be considered for early admission.
- Date TBD - General Application Deadline. * Please note that all spaces may fill after selection from the early admission deadline, so apply early.
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $75.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Full payment must be received no less than 8 weeks from the first day of the program.
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Camp Week Payment Due
- 6/7/2020 4/12/2020
- 6/14/2020 4/19/2020
- 6/21/2020 4/26/2020
- 6/28/2020 5/3/2020
- 7/12/2020 5/17/2020
- 7/19/2020 5/24/2020
- 7/26/2020 5/31/2020
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 6 weeks prior to the start of the program
- A refund of 75% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 6 weeks but prior to 4 weeks
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 4 weeks but prior to 2 weeks
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.