Veterinary Science Camp
Veterinary Science Camp APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
July 8-12, 2019
Do you have a passion for taking care of animals? Have you thought about becoming a veterinarian, technician or zoo keeper? The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is here to help students discover what it takes to work in fields related to animal science, medicine and more. This five-day program will allow high school students entering tenth through twelfth grades and recent high school graduates to explore research laboratories, gain insight from professionals in the field and learn more about the vast profession of veterinary medicine.
Camp activities include:
• Learn how to suture
• Learn how to complete a physical exam
• Complete veterinary case studies
• Perform diagnostic tests – fecal floats, blood draws, dissections and more
• Explore special interest fields of veterinary medicine
The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is for students who are rising 10th - 12th graders, including 2019 high school graduates.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials. The cost per youth is $575. Payment plan available.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Monday July 8 and runs through 4 pm on Friday July 12
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Encouraged)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE First Phase March 15th / Final Phase April 5th
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
The application process will have two phases. The early application phase closes March 15th with the final application phase closing April 5th.
Please note that camps may fill after selections from the early application phase.
- Early applicants with completed materials will be notified by March 29 of their status.
- Alternates from the early application phase and applicants applying during the second phase will be notified on or before April 19th of their status.
Please check the website for the most up-to-date information regarding summer camp announcements.
Accepted applicants must return their intent to attend and camp deposit by April 30