Veterinary Science Camp
Veterinary Science Camp APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
July 7-11, 2019
Do you have a passion for taking care of animals? Have you thought about becoming a veterinarian, technician or zoo keeper? The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is here to help students discover what it takes to work in fields related to animal science, medicine and more. This three-day program will allow high school students entering tenth through twelfth grades and recent high school graduates to explore research laboratories, gain insight from professionals in the field and learn more about the vast profession of veterinary medicine.
Camp activities include:
• Learn how to suture
• Learn how to complete a physical exam
• Complete veterinary case studies
• Perform diagnostic tests – fecal floats, blood draws, dissections and more
• Explore special interest fields of veterinary medicine
The BGSU Veterinary Science Camp is for students who are rising 10th - 12th graders, including 2018 high school graduates.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials. The cost per youth is $575. Payment plan available.
Faculty/Staff and Alumni discounts are available.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Sunday, July 7, and ends Thursday, July 11.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Required)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 1st
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
DEADLINE APRIL 1st
Selected applicants will be notified on or before May 3rd via email with camp details, forms and payment information.