Media Production Camp
Media Production Camp APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
June 24-28, 2019
BGSU Media Production Camp is for rising 9th to 12th grade students during Fall 2019 who are interested in studio and video film production, audio recording and editing, and radio broadcasting and podcasting. Experience a hands-on, unique learning opportunity with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class educators.
Students will get to spend time in the newly renovated Kuhlin Center which is the home for the School of Media and Communication. Inside this building, students will actively participate in the video and audio production suites with advanced technology equipment. Students will get the chance to control manual and robotic cameras from a "live reporting" space. Green screens along the walls and floors of the different staging areas to allow students to produce a background fit for their production. The audio production studio incoporates a “floating floor” concept that offers top-quality soundproofing and sound-shaping. This assists students in music production and offers an isolation booth for drum sets or voice-over audio work.
- Field video production and studio production
- Radio production and audio production
- Video and audio post production
- Camp Projects & Productions
- Closing Program - Featuring Camp Projects
The BGSU Media Production Camp is for students who will be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the Fall of 2019.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials. The cost per youth is $575 and includes overnight lodging in one of the BGSU residence halls. (Payment plan available)
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Monday June 18 at TBD and camp ends on Friday June 22 at 2:00 PM
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE First phase March 15th / Final phase April 5th
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
The application process will have two phases. The early application phase closes March 15th with the final application phase closing April 5th.
Please note that camps may fill after selections from the early application phase.
- Early applicants with completed materials will be notified by March 29 of their status.
- Alternates from the early application phase and applicants applying during the second phase will be notified on or before April 19th of their status.
Please check the website for the most up-to-date information regarding summer camp announcements.
Selected applicants must return their intent to attend and camp deposit by April 30