Media Production Camp
Media Production Camp APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
June 18 – 22, 2018
BGSU Media Production Camp is for rising 9th to 12th grade students during Fall 2018 who are interested in studio and video film production, audio recording and editing, and radio broadcasting and podcasting. Experience a hands-on, unique learning opportunity with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class educators.
Students will get to spend time in the newly renovated Kuhlin Center which is the home for the School of Media and Communication. Inside this building, students will actively participate in the video and audio production suites with advanced technology equipment. Students will get the chance to control manual and robotic cameras from a "live reporting" space. Green screens along the walls and floors of the different staging areas to allow students to produce a background fit for their production. The audio production studio incoporates a “floating floor” concept that offers top-quality soundproofing and sound-shaping. This assists students in music production and offers an isolation booth for drum sets or voice-over audio work.
- Field video production and studio production
- Radio production and audio production
- Video and audio post production
- Camp Projects & Productions
- Closing Program - Featuring Camp Projects
The BGSU Media Production Camp is for students who will be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade in the Fall of 2018.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials. The cost per youth is $545 and includes overnight lodging in one of the BGSU residence halls. (Payment plan available)
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Monday June 18 at 2:00 PM and camp ends on Friday June 22 at 2:00 PM
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Required)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 1st
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
The first 15 registered students will be notified via email with camp details, forms and payment information.