Marine Biology: Life at Sea
Marine Biology: Life at Sea APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
July 21-26, 2019
BGSU has one of the few marine biology and aquatic science programs in the Midwest. The BGSU Marine Biology: Life at Sea Camp is for students who will be in ninth through twelfth grades in the fall of 2019. This camp engages participants in understanding marine ecology by working closely with the University’s extensive collection of saltwater specimen. Students will also engage in research projects visit Lake Erie and explore behind the scenes at the Aquatic Center at the Toledo Zoo.
Opportunity to earn college credit
Sign up for a 6-Week Life at Sea Course prior to coming to camp. Campers are encouraged to complete the course. Student's must be eligible BGSU CCP students in order to register for the course.
Find more information on how to apply to BGSU College Credit Plus by visiting: bgsu.edu/ccp
*Course and camp are independent of one another
- Monitor and care for one of the tanks in the marine lab
- Conduct observations , explore streams and analyze the ecosystem
- Dissect samples of marine life and create/design their own experiments
- Explore campus and experience what residential college campus experience might is like
- Participate in team building activities, games and recreational events at places like the Student Recreation Center and Planetarium.
The BGSU Marine Biology: Life and Sea Camp is for students who will be in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grade in the Fall of 2019.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials including a take home back pack and water bottle. The cost per youth is $815 and includes overnight lodging in one of the BGSU residence halls. Payment plan available
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Sunday, July 21 and check-out on Friday July 26 by 4 p.m.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE First Phase March 15th / Final Phase April 5th
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
The application process will have two phases. The early application phase closes March 15th with the final application phase closing April 5th.
Please note that camps may fill after selections from the early application phase.
- Early applicants with completed materials will be notified by March 29 of their status.
- Alternates from the early application phase and applicants applying during the second phase will be notified on or before April 19th of their status.
Please check the website for the most up-to-date information regarding summer camp announcements.
Accepted applicants must return their intent to attend and camp deposit by April 30