FutureMed: Exploring Health Careers
FutureMed: Exploring Health Careers Camp
Bowling Green State University APPLY NOW
July 7-11, 2019
The BGSU Health Careers Camp is an opportunity for high school students in tenth through twelfth grade to explore eight pre-health professional areas. The five day/four night camp is filled interactive lessons and labs, and professional insight from those in the field.
- Connect with professionals in 10 Pre-Health areas
- Tour and explore the all new Anatomage table
- Participate in case studies/mock patient rotations
- Hear from first responders from Mercy Health - Life Flight network
- Improve your manual dexterity in an arts studio lab
- Engage with Dietitians and prepare a meal with the BGSU Teaching Kitchen
- Additional Workshops and Dissections
The BGSU Health Careers Camp is for students who will be in tenth through twelfth grade during the fall of 2019.
The cost per youth is $575. The cost includes all meals, lodging and transportation to field trips during camp. Additionally cost includes camper materials, and take home falcon camper care pack.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp. Campers will be housed in Falcon Heights.
Camp check-in begins Sunday, July 7 around 6 PM and Camp check-out occurs on July 11th after 4 PM
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Required)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE First Phase March 15th / Final Phase April 5th
*Please note that camp may fill after selections from the first application phase. It is important to apply early.
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: www.bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
The application process will have two phases. The early application phase closes March 15th with the final application phase closing April 5th.
Please note that camps may fill after selections from the early application phase.
- Early applicants with completed materials will be notified by March 29 of their status.
- Alternates from the early application phase and applicants applying during the second phase will be notified on or before April 19th of their status.
Please check the website for the most up-to-date information regarding summer camp announcements.
Accepted applicants must return their intent to attend and camp deposit by April 30