Design for Social Good Camp
Design for Social Good APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
July 17 – 19, 2019
Presented by the Division of Graphic Design at BGSU, the Graphic Design for Social Good Camp invites ninth through eleventh graders to learn how the power of graphic design can be used for making a meaningful difference in everyday lives, communities, and the world.
Students will be exposed to a college design studio, the digital and physical tools designers use to make their work, while also learning necessary skills for working in today’s collaborative environment. This camp is great introduction to those who are interested and eager to learn more about design, design thinking and careers in visual expression.
- Be introduced to the field of Graphic Design and the Design Thinking process
- Be exposed to the digital and physical making tools of the industry
- Discover how design connects and informs our experiences and behaviors
- Tackle a real world problem through collaborative and individual outputs
- Apply art and design making skills to visually communicate ideas
- Develop skills in visual and verbal presentation
The BGSU Graphic Design for Social Good is for students who will be in ninth through eleventh grade in high school during the Fall of 2019.
The registration fee once selected, includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials including take home camp creations and a water bottle. The cost per youth is $325.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
There is an early arrival option. Accepted students may arrive between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. on July 16 at a cost of $415.
Camp check-in begins on Wednesday, July 17 and runs through Friday, July 19.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE First Phase March 15th / Final Phase April 5th
Letter of Reference Information
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
5Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
APPLICATION DEADLINE Early Phase March 15th / Final Phase April 5th
The application process will have a series of two phases. The early application phase will close on March 15th with the final application phase closing on April 5th. Please be aware that the camp may fill after selections from the early acceptance phase.
- Early applicants with completed materials will be notified by March 29th of their status.
- Alternates from the early acceptance phase along with applicants that have applied during the second wave will be notified on or before April 19th of their status.
Please check the website for updates regarding summer camp announcements.
Accepted applicants must return their intent to attend and camp deposit by April 30th.