Forensic Science Camp
Forensic Science Camp APPLY NOW
Bowling Green State University
June 16–19, 2019
The BGSU Forensic Science Camp is designed to provide high school students an insight to the education and training crime laboratories require. Forensic scientists typically work in laboratory environments, but can also be found in courtrooms, crime scenes, classrooms or morgues. They also can work in variety of employer levels and environments or can even work independently as forensic science consultants.
BGSU offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Forensic Science with specializations in Biology, Chemistry and Investigations that prepares students for immediate employment after graduation.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) crime laboratory and the BGSU College of Arts and Sciences are offering an exciting and interactive forensic science camp which includes the following activities:
- Collect evidence and solve crimes at BGSU!
- DNA analysis
- Blood stain analysis
- Trace evidence
- Tour the BCI crime laboratory
The BGSU Forensic Science Camp is for students who will be a junior or senior in high school during the Fall of 2019. Students are encouraged, but not required, to have completed at least one advanced math or science course prior to camp.
The registration fee includes all meals, lodging and transportation around camp as well as camp materials. The cost per youth is $415 and includes overnight lodging in one of the BGSU residence halls.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
Camp check-in begins on Sunday, June 16, at TBD and runs through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, June 19.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Required)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 15th
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- An applicant may cancel or withdraw their application at any time.
- Once selected and payment has been submitted, there is a 14-day cancellation policy.
- After 14 days, no refunds will be given.
Selection process is based on:
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Letter of recommendation if required
- One-page cover letter if required
APPLICATION DEADLINE MARCH 15th
Selected applicants will be notified on or before April 1st via email with camp details, forms and payment information.