- 9th – 12th grade Poster Presenters
- 9th – 12th grade Paper (Oral) Presenters
- Hotel for Student Housing: The Hampton, 142 Campbell Hill Rd, Bowling Green, OH 43402, or The Fairfield Inn, 1544 E Wooster St, Bowling Green, OH 43402. (Parents can make their own reservation after the March 2).
- Competition Location: Bowen-Thompson Student Union, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403
TIME: Arrival and registration begins at 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at Hampton Inn students participating in the full symposium. Students who are attending for Thursday only (poster presenters and delegates are the only students eligible for this level of participation) should arrive by 7:30 AM on Thursday, March 12 at Bowen-Thompson Student Union, BGSU. The program ends at approximately 3:00 p.m., Friday, March 13, 2020.
Paper presenters are required to attend the entire symposium Wednesday night through Friday awards ceremony.
FEES: There will be a registration fee for each student, parent, and guest. This fee will go into the general operating fund and will pay for a small percentage of the costs incurred to run the program. Students participating in the full symposium (Wed. – Fri.) are required to pay a $25 registration fee. Students who are only participating for one day (Thursday) are required to pay a $10 registration fee. All parents and guests are required to pay a $25 registration fee regardless of the number of days they plan to attend.
Checks can be mailed to the address below or you can pay online at the online credit card payment system. Sometimes a schools security server will block this site, if that is the case, please mail a check instead.
Make checks payable to: BGSU and mail to: OJSHS, Attn. Susan Stearns, 304 University Hall, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403.
ROOM & MEALS: Wednesday and Thursday evening room costs and all meals for student delegates, student presenters, and teachers attending the entire Ohio JSHS, are paid by the Ohio JSHS. Accompanying parents and guests will need to pay for their hotel rooms. Meals for registered parents and guests include: Wednesday’s pizza dinner, Thursday’s lunch and evening banquet, and Friday’s lunch. Breakfast is provided for guests of the hotel.
MONEY: Students may desire to have some extra money for other items at the students' discretion.
DRESS: Students, including delegates, are expected to dress appropriately for the Symposium. Plan on Business/Professional dress for the Paper and Poster Sessions. However, you will need comfortable shoes and possibly an umbrella for Thursday’s laboratory research tours.
Bring sportswear for Wednesday night activities and for swimming at the hotel. Please be prepared to dress appropriately for the banquet to be held on Thursday evening.
PAPER & POSTER: Students are expected to attend ALL paper and poster sessions during the Symposium unless directed by the students’ teachers. The success of the Symposium rests upon the desire to participate by listening and sharing. Judging committees will select the winners who will be announced at the Awards Ceremony on Friday.
CONDUCT: The purpose of the Symposium is to learn about the scientific process, and to meet and network with new students interested in science.
To meet these goals, proper behavior is expected during the Symposium at BGSU and at The Hampton Inn.
Please observe the following:
1. Make sure you have read, signed, and returned the Consent Form/Photo Release.
2. Stay with a chaperone at all times.
3. Follow the agenda of the Ohio JSHS. Please attend all scheduled activities (Unauthorized excursions are NOT allowed.)
4. Please avoid disturbing your colleagues and other guests at all times.
5. Stay in your assigned room after 11:00. Observe QUIET time. Students are never allowed in another students’ room. If you wish to socialize with other participants that must be done in the public areas of the hotel.