We are very happy to be bringing Math Teachers' Circles to northwest Ohio!
Math Teachers' Circles started in 2006 and have since spread across the United States. Math Teachers' Circles bring together teachers and mathematicians to enrich the teachers' experience of mathematical problem solving. There are four goals:
- Increase the confidence of math teachers in problem solving.
- Deepen teachers' content knowledge through exploring mathematically rich problems and develop an arsenal of techniques to solving unfamiliar and challenging problems.
- Form long-term professional relationships among teachers and mathematicians, through regular, highly interactive meetings.
- Provide support for teachers who want to bring richer mathematical experiences to their students.
We would love to have you be part of this great adventure in mathematics. The 2019 sessions are FREE and open to K - 12 math teachers and college faculty/staff in northwest Ohio. Space is limited so register today to secure your spot.
Participants will receive:
- Great professional development.
- Networking with mathematicians, higher education faculty and other classroom teachers.
All meetings are from 6:30 - 8:30 PM at BGSU in 120 Olscamp Hall. You can attend as many meetings as you want, depending on your schedule!
- Monday, February 25, 2019
- Monday, April 15, 2019
Please use the link below to register for one or more of the 2019 sessions.
If you would like more information, please contact Dr. Debra Gallagher, Bowling Green State University, at email@example.com or 419-704-1920.
Click here to go to Resources!