Required Orientation Modules
Orientation modules complement what you will learn and experience this summer during SOAR – and is a requirement to successfully complete your new student orientation.
During this required online experience, you will learn more about the BGSU community, discover resources and prepare for success in and out of the classroom.
How to Complete your Orientation Modules
It will take appoximately one hour to complete all five modules.
- Starting on June 1, all incoming first-year and transfer students will be emailed a link to access the online orientation modules.
- You will also be able to access the modules through this web page.
- You will be asked to login with your BGSU username and password to access the modules.
- The modules are completely mobile-friendly and all videos are close-captioned. There is also no software or downloads needed to participate.
- You can complete the online modules in several sessions, but you must complete one full module to save your progress.
What you will Learn
Each module was intentionally designed to prepare you for your first semester at BGSU, so take your time through the material. These modules will cover the following topics:
- Getting involved and navigating your new home
- Understanding your academic responsibilities
- Campus safety and policies
- Health and wellness resources
- Designing your life at BGSU
It is important that these modules are complete before the first day of classes. You will have access to the modules and videos throughout the first semester, so we hope you will continue to refer to it as a resource.