Student Orientation, Advising & Registration
Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (SOAR) is the first step of your orientation experience at BGSU. This informative program is a required step intended to serve as your personal introduction and transition to BGSU. Our goal is to provide you, your family, and guests with an overview of university expectations and resources.
For questions, call New Student Orientation at 419-372-0353 for assistance.
Students admitted to BGSU will be notified by email with instructions and details related to signing up for SOAR.
- SUMMER/FALL ADMITS will be emailed in EARLY MARCH or upon admission.
- SPRING ADMITS will be emailed in EARLY NOVEMBER or upon admission.
At SOAR students will be able to:
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for classes
- Take a tour of campus
- Get information about groups and organizations on campus
- Meet other incoming students, current student leaders, and staff
We are proud that you have chosen BGSU as the university where you will begin or continue your education and are looking forward to helping ease the transition. Thank you for choosing to join the BGSU family!