New Student Orientation
How to Get the Most out of your SOAR Experience
We call our new student orientation, SOAR – which stands for Student Orientation, Advising and Registration. At SOAR, you will have an opportunity to connect with current students, as well as staff members, and get to know some of your new fellow Falcons. You will be connected with an Orientation Leader who will lead you through your SOAR experience and continue to be a resource throughout the summer and Fall Welcome. You will also be able to take care of some important “to-do” list items such as finalizing your financial aid and billing, getting your BG1 card, and finalizing your fall semester class schedule. We will also provide opportunities for campus tour and residence hall tours. Every step of the way, we encourage you to ask questions – we’re here for you!
We are proud you have chosen BGSU as the University where you will begin or continue your education and are looking forward to helping ease the transition. Thank you for choosing to join the BGSU family!
If you are living on campus next semester, after completing your Housing & Dining Agreement securing your SOAR date is your next commitment to BGSU. If you are commuting next semester, your SOAR registration will be your official way to tell BGSU you are committing to the University.
Registration Process & How to Prepare
Before you can sign up for your student orientation date, you first need to be admitted to BGSU. Check your application status and submit any missing credentials. If you are already admitted, follow the important steps on this page so you can register and be prepared for SOAR.
Schedule your SOAR Date
Fall 2021 orientation registration opens on Monday, Feb. 1
SOAR will take place over the summer between June 10 - July 29. To provide you with as much individual attention as possible, space is limited in each session.
- Log in to MyBGSU>Orientation Reservation to schedule your SOAR date.
- If you do not have your MyBGSU account, please set one up.
- Space is available on a first come, first served basis. When you make your reservation, it is possible that some of the dates listed are no longer be available.
- We are committed to offering orientation in-person; however, we will also be offering several virtual SOAR dates as well.
- Need help registering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-372-0353.