Healthy Marriages Healthy Relationships
Funded by a federal grant and local match, a community-based Healthy Marriages Healthy Relationships (HMHR) initiative teaches relationship skills and promotes healthy marriages to mostly low-income parents and expectant parents. The goal is to strengthen marriages and parental relationships in order to improve the well-being of children.
The Grand Rapids, Michigan HMHR initiative...
- Involved ten community partners, actively consulting with all elements of the initiative
- Reached more than 4,200 low-income parents and expectant parents
- Utilized trained facilitators from within the community
- Engaged participants with research-based curricula
- Taught real-world skills, applicable in a variety of situations
- Assessed the program with both qualitative and quantitative studies View Final Report
To learn more, visit: http://www.healthymarriagesgr.org/hmhr2
- View participant commentary about facilitators and site
- View participant commentary about what they learned
- View participant commentary about why they took the class
For more information on the HMHR project, please contact Project Coordinator Marlene Olson at Marlene.Olson@pinerest.org.