Professor of Sociology
- PhD, Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MA, Sociology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MCRP, City & Regional Planning, The Ohio State University
- BA, Geography, The Ohio State University
Dr. Swisher's research employs a life course perspective to understanding risk factors in the lives of low-income families and youth. He has examined the detrimental effects of exposure to neighborhood violence on adolescent well-being (depression, survival expectations), how adolescents adapt to community violence with violence of their own, and the prevalence of domestic violence and other risk factors among unmarried parents. Dr. Swisher's research interests also include...
- Effects of Paternal Incarceration on Relationship Stability
- Trajectories of Violence in Transition to Adulthood