The focus of SMI's Musical Theatre camp is on audition techniques. Whether you are getting ready for your high school’s musical, a community theatre production, or auditioning for college programs, our faculty will help you build your confidence and present you at your very best!
We will cover a range of topics during camp, including:
- Understanding your “type”
- Entering and introducing yourself effectively
- Releasing tension and overcoming nerves
- Owning the Room
- Meaning what you sing
- Making strong committed choices – physically and vocally
- Building confidence
- Claiming who you are – You are unique and so is everybody else
- Sharing who you are – Getting over your ego (and everyone else’s)
- Redefining competition
Concerts: You will work on a monologue and musical selection throughout the week that show you off to your best advantage and that meet your needs.
Everyone will perform both of their solos, plus a couple of group numbers, in our final cabaret performance for friends and family.
Scholarships: Scholarships are available to help defray the cost of the camp. The Dorothy M. Price Scholarship requires an application form, and can be accessed here.