Pro Musica Grant Application
Due to COVID-19, Pro Musia will not be awarding any travel grants during the Fall 2020 semester. Applications for Spring 2021 will be accepted and evaluated as travel restrictions are lifted.
Pro Musica provides Bowling Green State University students enrolled in either:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree programs in music either in the College of Musical Arts or in the College of Arts and Sciences or
- Certificate programs in the College of Music with financial support for educational travel.
Each grant application may not exceed:
- $350 for travel to destinations up to 1200 miles (one-way) within North America or
- $500 for destinations exceeding 1200 miles (one-way) within North America or for international destinations outside of North America.
Mileage for multiple destinations should be calculated one-way, including all stops. For example: Bowling Green to Chicago to Nashville.
Note: These guidelines are effective as of 11/08/2019.
- Grants are awarded for students to participate/attend creative activities or scholarly endeavors such as competitions, conferences, study abroad travel and workshops. These opportunities should be related to the field of study and/or further the student’s professional goal.
- Pro Musica does NOT support auditions for other degree programs.
- Pro Musica does NOT support participation in touring ensembles.
- Pro Musica will NOT provide funds for students to give concerts, master classes, etc. in their home town/country.
- Students may be funded for only one grant per academic year. Exceptions may be made in extraordinary circumstances.
- Pro Musica grants will not fund the purchase of equipment, textbooks, materials, supplies or accompanying required for a student’s personal use in completing degree requirements.
- If funds are limited, priority will be given to students making their first grant application within the academic year.
- Students will not be eligible for a grant when travel is used to secure an income-producing job.
- All travel must be in accordance with the College of Musical Arts and University travel policies. Please familiarize yourself with these policies.
- The grant application form (found below) must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Your completed application will be automatically forwarded to the grant reviewers, and you will receive an emailed copy of your completed grant application.
- Pro Musica does accept applications during the summer.
- All text in the application must be in the student's own words. Do not copy material from a website or other source. Any application with copied material will be returned to the applicant for rewriting.
- Once the application is approved, notification will be sent via email from the College of Musical Arts Budget Coordinator about award documentation that must be completed in order to receive the award.
- Once documentation from the student has been submitted to the office, processing time is 4-6 weeks.
- Once the project is complete, the student must also submit a separate written report along with a photo here.