Pro Musica Grant Application
Pro Musica provides Bowling Green State University students enrolled in either:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree programs in music either in the College of Musical Arts or in the College of Arts and Sciences or
- Certificate programs in the College of Music with financial support for educational travel.
Each grant application may not exceed:
- $350 for travel to destinations up to 1200 miles (one-way) within North America or
- $500 for destinations exceeding 1200 miles within North America or for international destinations outside of North America. The distance must be calculated and documented as one-way travel from Bowling Green to the project destination. If a project involves multiple destinations, then the distance from Bowling Green to the first city may be added to subsequent project destinations to calculate the total mileage involved.
Note: These guidelines are effective as of 1/1/2017.
- Grants are awarded for students to participate/attend creative activities or scholarly endeavors; i.e. competitions, conferences and workshops. These opportunities should be related to the field of study and/or further the student’s professional goal. Pro Musica does not support auditions for other degree programs nor participation in touring ensembles.
- Pro Musica will not provide funds for students to give concerts, master classes, etc. in their home town/country.
- For any academic year, a student may be funded up to a total of $500 for combined awards to domestic and international events. Exceptions may be made in extraordinary circumstances.
- Pro Musica grants will not fund the purchase of equipment, textbooks, materials, supplies or accompanying required for a student’s personal use in completing degree requirements.
- If funds are limited, priority will be given to students making their first grant application within the academic year.
- Students will not be eligible for a grant when travel is used to secure an income-producing job.
- Students may apply for grants to cover conference fees for state, national, and international conferences or competitions held at BGSU.
- The grant application form (found below) must be submitted prior to the event.
- Your completed application will be automatically forwarded to the grant processor and you will receive an emailed copy of your responses.
- All grant applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Monday during the week Pro Musica meets to be considered for that meeting. Pro Musica meets the first Thursday of every month, except for June and July.
- You will be notified of the status of your application by email approximately two weeks after the Pro Musica executive committee has met.
- Pro Musica is not obligated to review applications received after an event has taken place. Pro Musica will not pay in this academic year for events that took place in the previous year.
- REIMBURSEMENT DEADLINE IS 30 CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT:
Pro Musica grant recipients must submit a grant reimbursement request within 30 calendar days of the approved project to be eligible for reimbursement.
- All travel must be in accordance with the College of Musical of Arts and University travel policies. Please familiarize yourself with these policies.
- Please note that payments will be made electronically whenever possible. All check payments will be sent to the mailing address indicated in the grant reimbursement request form.
- The student seeking reimbursement must also submit a separate written report along with a photo about the completed project here.