The Office of Multicultural Affairs Ambassadors (OMAAs) are paraprofessional undergraduate student employees who support and facilitate the mission of the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA). These student leaders represent the OMA across campus, empowering their peers and the community to engage with topics of cultural awareness, diversity, and inclusion in a collective effort to create a welcoming, socially just, and inclusive campus community.
Workshops and Programs
Office of Multicultural Affairs Ambassador are available by request to facilitate workshops, retreats, or sessions, and are able to develop individualized sessions/workshops for your group or present a standard pre-developed session.
OMA Ambassadors work in such tasks as:
- Diversity education programs development
- Outreach to and consultation with student organizations
- Representing the OMA at various events (e.g., Preview Days, Diversity Tables)
- Promoting OMA and OMAA events
- Peer-to-Peer workshop, dialogue and event planning