Falcon Success Initiative
The Falcon Success Initiative (FSI) is designed to enhance the social integration, persistence, retention, engagement and overall success of diverse first-year students.
Participants are assigned an OMA representative to meet with monthly for individualized support and have the opportunity to participate in interactive group meetings with other first-year students in the program. FSI is designed with you in mind and utilizes the 6D appreciative advising steps based on positive psychology research.
Receive Holistic Support
- 89% of FSI students remained in good academic standing after their first year
- Participate in a program to maximize your BGSU experience
Engage in Social Activity
- 95% of participants found the program helpful
- Attend FSI social gatherings, informative meetings, and multicultural events and programs
Transition Successfully to BGSU
- Work with friendly, knowledgeable and culturally competent staff focused on your academic success
- Find support for your well-being
- Receive assistance for your motivation and persistence
IMPORTANT: Falcon Success is a requirement for all NEW recipients of the University Tuition Scholarship for Underrepresented Students. An Office of Multicultural Affairs staff member will contact you at the beginning of Fall Semester. Returning Tuition Scholarship recipients may continue to participate in the program.