Read the criteria carefully because many of the scholarships encourage and/or require student involvement in multicultural organizations and are not necessarily based on ethnic or racial group membership.
BGSU students are encouraged to visit the Office of Financial Aid and the University Scholarships Office for more additional information.
Contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs at 419-372-2642 if you need assistance.
Manuel "Manny" Vadillo, served as the Senior Associate Director for the Center for Multicultural and Academic Initiatives (now the Office of Multicultural Affairs). Manny supervised professional staff and provided direction and leadership for the daily operations of the Center. He directed a monthly lecture series, taught UNIV 100 classes, and diversity workshops. In addition, he was a part-time instructor in the Department of Ethnic Studies, served as Chair of the BGSU's Latino Networking Committee of Staff and Faculty, and supported the Latino Student Union.
While he is no longer active in the daily life of BGSU, but he has strong ties to the university and the Latino community of Bowling Green, Ohio. In 1994, he co-founded the Latino Issues Conference. Five years later, he co-founded the Black Issues Conference. When interviewed about the Latino Issues Conference, Manny said, “This conference is a vehicle through which we are trying to share with the rest of the world that Latinos are an intricate part of society.
Apply for the Manny Vidallo Scholarship
- Login with BGSU credentials
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs Orgsync page
- Fill out application.
- Deadline is March 5, 2018.
- Scholarship winner will be announced at the 2018 Latino/a/x Issues Conference on March 21, 2018.
- Applicant must be a continuing undergraduate Latino student attending BGSU full-time fall or spring semester.
- Current cumulative GPA requirement 3.0.
- Applicant must submit a 1-2 page word document narrative explaining any campus or community service projects in the Latino community or participated in, and describe how it impacted in a positive approach towards the quality of your life at BGSU.
- Applicant must have financial need as determined by Student Financial Aid.
- A resume is recommended.
- Applicants are evaluated based on academic achievements, the required essay, community service, and campus involvement.
Scholarship provides financial assistance to disadvantaged youths, making it possible for them to pursue their higher education at Bowling Green State University.
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA;
- Must demonstrate community service;
- Must have a completed FAFSA on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid;
- Must have completed at least 12 credit hours at BGSU and will be continuing as an undergraduate student at BGSU enrolled full time the subsequent academic year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Multicultural Affairs, 419-372-2642.
Updated: 11/15/2019 02:40PM