Requirements for Borrowing
Borrowing at BGSU
|Students (Undergraduates and Graduates)||BGSU Photo ID, or
Current library validation card (provided through Continuing Education)with Photo ID
|Faculty and Staff||BGSU Photo ID|
|Courtesy Card patrons||Current BGSU Library courtesy card and Photo ID|
|Visiting Patrons from other OhioLINK libraries||Current ID from the home institution, and an active, current account in the library database at the home institution.|
Direct Borrowing at Other OhioLINK Libraries
- Any BGSU patron with a valid, current account with BGSU Libraries and a valid BGSU ID may borrow directly from other OhioLINK libraries .
- Before you make the trip to another library, drop in or call Circulation staff at the Jerome or Firelands libraries to check that your record is current.
- Books or items checked out from other OhioLINK libraries have the same loan periods and restrictions as OhioLINK books borrowed via online requests.
- For more information on OhioLINK, check the undergraduate, graduate, and faculty circulation survival guides.
Pick-Up-Anywhere allows patrons to request OhioLINK items and have them delivered to any OhioLINK member location, including BGSU. The process for using PUA is quite similar to requesting an item for delivery to the local pick up site. To request delivery of OhioLINK materials to a site other than BGSU:
- Locate an item, as usual, in the OhioLINK central catalog.
- Choose BGSU as your institution and enter your e-mail user name and e-mail password.
- Choose the OhioLINK institution nearest your desired location from the pull down menu.
- Choose a pick up site at that institution in the second drop down menu.
- Track the progress of your request in My Library Account.
We will send an e-mail notice when the item arrives. You can pick it up using your BGSU ID or BGSU Library Validation Card.
Before using Pick-up Anywhere, make sure your library record is current.
Have a Question? Contact the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or email email@example.com.