Borrowing Privileges for Alumni and non-BGSU affiliated community members.
Any Ohio resident may apply for a courtesy card for borrowing privileges at the University Libraries. Please ask at the circulation desk of Jerome or Firelands Libraries for an application.
- Courtesy cards may be used by applicant only -- there are no corporate, group, or family cards.
- If applicant is under 18, the application must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- The fee is $25.00 per year.
- This fee is waived for BGSU alumni.
- Courtesy Card patrons may borrow most BGSU Jerome Main stacks materials and have limited OhioLINK borrowing privileges.
- OhioLINK policy limits borrowing to 5 items on one’s record at any given time.
- Non-affiliated borrowers are currently limited to 10 BGSU items at a time.
- Affiliated borrower have a limit of 50 items.
- Courtesy card borrowers do not have remote access to the online research databases.
- Some special collection materials are not loaned to Courtesy Card holders.
- Courtesy cards are valid for one year, but privileges must be updated at the end of each academic semester.
- Courtesy Card and Photo ID must be presented at time of application and every time materials are borrowed.
Other OhioLINK Patron Members
Patrons from other OhioLINK institutions may borrow directly from the University Libraries with their current home institution ID and a valid record in their home library.
Important: Check with your home institution library before coming to insure the status of your record.
- Items borrowed from BGSU directly are subject to the same loan periods and restrictions as OhioLINK items borrowed via online requesting.
- For renewals and more information, contact your home library.
Have a Question? Contact the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051or email firstname.lastname@example.org