Research Appointment Guidelines
For Spring 2021, the Browne Popular Culture Library is open by appointment only. Appointments are available in blocks Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
To make an appointment for research, please use our table reservation system. You can also call 419-372-2450 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We understand that not all researchers may feel comfortable conducting on-site research at this time. Please contact us if you have concerns or would like to explore other ways of accessing the collections.
- Consult the Basics of Using the BPCL before you visit, as these are still in effect.
- If you have a fever or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please contact us to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Visitors to the Jerome Library and the Browne Popular Culture Library must wear a face covering at all times.
- Researchers and archivists will maintain at least six feet of physical distancing whenever possible.
- The Reading Room can accommodate seven researchers at a time.
- Researchers will be assigned a workspace and must stay in that space unless using scanning equipment. The equipment is limited, so let us know in advance if you plan to use it.
- Appointments must be made at least 30 minutes in advance, but we recommend making an appointment as far in advance as possible to ensure accessibility.
- When making an appointment please be prepared to let us know what materials you are interested in seeing. If you have specific items you'd like to use, please use the Schedule for Use button beside the item(s) in the library catalog.
- All materials will be quarantined for 96 hours after use. As a result, not all collections may be available for use. Please let us know what collections you are interested in working with when you make your appointment, so we can ensure accessibility.
- When you arrive for your appointment enter the building, go straight ahead to the elevators, and come to the 4th floor.
- These guidelines may be updated as university or library policies change. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.