The Collab Lab is a hands-on, creative space for students, faculty, staff and community members to engage in collaborative work. Its goal is to support teams of innovators working together to conceive, create, develop and refine new products and services leveraging the unique talents inherent to the University community which is centered on design thinking.
The lab is a 2,000-square-foot facility located on the first floor of the Jerome library and includes rapid prototyping tools such as 3-D printers and scanners, video production workspaces, whiteboards and markers. The space is fluid with movable furniture to accommodate any size project.
The Collab Lab offers peer-to-peer instruction on a variety of software applications for undergraduate, graduate and distance students. Assistance is available by appointment, through drop-in visits, one-on-one, in small groups or through class visits.
- Drop-in help
- One-on-one appointments
- Canvas LMS and e-portfolio support for students
- OhioLINK ETD support for graduate students
- Laptop Loan Program
- 3D Printing/Scanning
- Google Cardboard viewers
- Video Editing Stations
- GarageBand Station
- Voice-Over Capabilities
- Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Professional, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Apple iLife (iMovie, iDVD, GarageBand)
- FinalCut Pro, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Motion
- Blender, SketchUp
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowePoint)
- BGSU Wikis
- Canvas LMS and E-portfolio support for students
- WordPress (Blogs)