COVID 19 Research Appointment Guidelines
The Center for Archival Collections is open by appointment only. Appointments are available in blocks Monday through Friday from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm and from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Researchers are welcome to make appointments for both the morning and afternoon blocks but will need to leave between blocks so that the Reading Room can be cleaned. To make an appointment for research please contact us by email or by phone at (419) 372-2411. We understand that not all researchers may feel comfortable conducting on-site research at this time. Please contact us if you have concerns or would like to explore other ways of accessing the collections.
- All regular researcher requirements remain in effect.
- If you have a fever or are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please contact us to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Patrons who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face covering while visiting Jerome Library and the Center for Archival Collections.
- Researchers and archivists will maintain at least six feet of physical distancing whenever possible.
- The Reading Room can accommodate five researchers at a time.
- Researchers will be assigned a workspace and must stay in that space unless using scanning or microfilm equipment. The equipment is limited, so let us know in advance if you plan to use it.
- Groups of up to two people can be accommodated, but must be approved in advance.
- Appointments must be made at least two hours in advance, but we recommend making an appointment as far in advance as possible to ensure accessibility.
- When making an appointment please be prepared to let us know what collections you are interested in seeing.
- All archival materials will be quarantined for 96 hours after use. As a result, not all collections may be available for use. Please let us know what collections you are interested in working with when you make your appointment, so we can ensure accessibility.
- When you arrive for your appointment enter the building and go straight ahead to the elevators. Once at the elevators, please call us at (419) 372-2411 to gain access to the floor.
- These guidelines may be updated as university or library policies change. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.