History Village Learning Community
Open to students of any major, the History Village learning community is designed for individuals who have an interest in history and curious about the importance of history in their own lives. Activities in this community help students sharpen their communication, interpretation and analytical skills while learning how history can promote cooperation and understanding between people.
WHAT'S A NON-RESIDENTIAL LEARNING COMMUNITY?
Members of learning communities that are 'non-residential', receive the great benefits of belonging to a Learning Community but the community currently doesn't have a block of rooms inside a residence hall available to students to live in. A non-residential Learning Community may become a residential Learning Community in the future.
- Open to all undergraduate students
- Work with History Department faculty
- Connect with professionals to develop career networks
- Experience a supportive environment for academic growth
- Participate in social activities, field trips, and service projects
- Travel on field trips to local and regional sites of historical interest
- Participate in oral history projects with community members (RESC-2000)
- Enjoy activities such as trivia night, film screenings, and historical role-playing events
- Interact with scholars and professionals who work in history-related fields
About The Community
The History Village is designed to provide students with opportunities to connect with fellow students, History Department faculty and community members in the surrounding area. Our field trips, service projects and social activities are both fun and intellectually rewarding. Along the way, History Village community members will gain a greater awareness of the diverse careers in the many fields that employ historians.
New history majors are required to enroll in HIST-1910. Non-history majors are welcome but not required.
How to Apply
After you have submitted your request to join a community, you will receive an email from the community director approving your request. If you have any questions about your application or the community, please contact email@example.com.
LIVE AND LEARN WITH STUDENTS WHO SHARE YOUR PASSION
Join one of our residential Learning Communities and take advantage of unique opportunities designed to help you succeed in your personal, professional and academic lives. These communities are comprised of students who share a major or common interest and have a block of rooms inside a residence hall.