Faculty Mentor Role
The purpose of the support for the Hoskins Global Scholar (HGS) is for the faculty mentor to assist the student in achieving the individual project goals.
- The faculty mentor is awarded $2,000 in professional or supplemental funds upon completion of successful presentations. The mentor’s role includes overseeing the quality and organization of content, along with effective guidance in the delivery of final presentation.
- Upon the student’s return, meet regularly in the spring 2019 (Winter session 2019 participation) or in the fall 2019 (Summer 2019 participation) with the student to prepare for the presentation(s) and project completion for mid-November 2019
- Communicate on a regular basis to provide support during the HGS project duration
- Meet with student, HGS Chair and International Programs and Partnerships prior to departure for experience
- Assist/coach to prepare the application
- Attend the Spring Hoskins Global Scholar Award Reception on April 25, 2018
- Attend the Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURS) Embracing Global Engagement Conference presentations in early October 2018 (Generation 4)
- Attend the HGS presentation and dinner on November 14, 2018 (Generation 4) and the HGS presentation and dinner on mid-November 2019 (Generation 5)
For more information, please contact Sara Khorshidifard, Hoskins Global Scholar Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-372-2068.