Request for Proposals for Faculty Travel Funds
2022 Winter Session Travel Funds Application Deadline
To meet the Education Abroad 2022 faculty-led Winter Session proposal deadline of November 1, 2020, applicants for the travel funds must submit their requests by March 1, 2020. Awards will be announced in early April of 2020.
Applicants are requested to fill out and submit the Prospective Funding Application form available online.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria as demonstrated in the Prospective Funding Application form:
- Travel that will result in programs that have the potential for robust enrollment (e.g. by reaching out to students across disciplines through BGP classes)
- Travel that will result in programs focused on cultural diversity
- Travel to locations that are preferably new to BGSU faculty-led programs or to an existing Education Abroad location that will attract a new population of students
- Travel to destinations that are safe for students and faculty
- Travel to develop programs that are affordable to BGSU students
A reviewing committee led by International Programs and Partnerships and Online and Summer Academic Programs will select proposals for funding 2022 programs. Exploratory travel is to occur during the 2020 Summer session, in order to meet the faculty-led Winter 2022 program submission deadline of November 1, 2020.
- Although efforts will be made to provide full funding, this is a competitive process with limited resources, so proposals may be partially funded.
- Funds can only be used for the exclusive purpose of exploring new sites for faculty-led programs.
|March 1, 2020||Proposals due electronically|
|April 9, 2020||Awards announced|
|May/June/July (Summer Session), 2020||Travel to explore proposed site|
Updated: 12/11/2019 01:24PM