RFP for Faculty Travel Funds
2021 Winter Session Travel Funds Application Deadline
To meet the Education Abroad 2021 faculty-led Winter Session proposal deadline of November 1, 2019, applicants for the travel funds must submit their requests by March 1st, 2019. Awards will be announced on April 1, 2019.
Applicants are requested to fill out and submit the Prospective Funding Application form available online.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria as demonstrated in the Prospective Funding Application form:
- Travel that will result in programs that have the potential for robust enrollment (e.g. by reaching out to students across disciplines through BGP classes)
- Travel that will result in programs focused on cultural diversity
- Travel to locations that are preferably new to BGSU faculty-led programs or to an existing Education Abroad location that will attract a new population of students
- Travel to destinations that are safe for students and faculty
- Travel to develop programs that are affordable to BGSU students
A reviewing committee led by International Programs and Partnerships and Online and Summer Academic Programs will select proposals for funding for 2021 programs. Exploratory travel is to occur between May and August 2019, in order to meet the faculty-led Winter 2021 program submission deadline of November 1st, 2019.
|March 1, 2019||Proposals due electronically|
|April 1, 2019||Awards announced|
|May/June/July, 2019||Travel to explore proposed site|