Open Enrollment for 2018
to Know for Open Enrollment - 2018 Benefits
- THE EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTIONS FOR PLAN A FOR 2018 HAVE DECREASED FROM 2017!!!
- THE EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTIONS FOR PLAN B FOR 2018 WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED, AND THE HSA CONTRIBUTIONS FROM BGSU ARE INCREASING FOR 2018!!!
- There are no changes to the coverage for Medical,
Prescription, Dental, Life and AD&D, and Long-Term
- The Vision Plan has two changes - UV
Protection now has a $0 copay (previously $14) and the allowance for
Frames/Contacts has increased from $130 to $150 with no increase in
If you are covering a spouse on your
medical insurance, you are required to complete an Employee Spousal
Form annually. This form was automated in 2016 and can be located
in the Benefits Section of the website under the Health &
Prescription tab. To be considered for 2018, the form must be
completed after 10/1/2017 and before the end of the day on November
To make sure your portion is complete, click FINISH at the bottom right. If your spouse works full-time outside of BGSU, your spouse and their employer MUST complete the form and it must be received in the Office of Human Resources by the November 17th deadline or it's not considered received and your spouse WILL NOT be covered. To begin completing the form for a spouse working full-time outside of BGSU, you will need your spouse's email and the email of their employer. It is your responsibility to make sure all sections are complete prior to the deadline. View the Spousal Form information.
- If you want to participate in a Flexible Spending Account(FSA) or a Health Savings Account(HSA) for 2018, the IRS requires that you elect that plan and select the amount you would like to contribute each year. Any elections from 2017 will NOT continue in 2018 unless you make new elections.
- For 2018, the maximum allowable
amount for the Healthcare FSA increases from $2,600 to $2,650.
- All plans you are currently enrolled in for 2017 will continue for 2018 if you do not make new elections, other than the FSA and HSA.
- The Office of Human Resources will be holding
open house sessions on the main campus and the Fireland's campus.
Please watch Campus Updates for dates, times, and locations.
- Don't forget, BGSU offers three voluntary benefit options
through Aflac. For plan information and pricing, please see the
Voluntary Benefits tab in the Benefits Section of the web site.
For more information, view the voluntary benefits.
- If you are adding dependents to your 2018 coverage that have not been covered during 2017, you must submit the required proof of eligibility (in English) to the Office of Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on November 17, 2017. No late documents will be accepted, and those dependents will not be covered for 2018.
- If you elect life insurance or long-term disability that requires Evidence of Insurability (the system will let you know when you enroll), you must submit the completed forms to the Office of Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on November 17, 2017. No late documents will be accepted, and will not be considered for the additional coverage for 2018.
- Information regarding all of the plans and
corresponding employee contributions can be located in each section
of the Benefits portion of the OHR website.
Please review all information prior to making your selections for
- Open Enrollment is a great time to check your
life insurance beneficiaries to make sure they are up to date.
Remember you need to check both Basic Life and Supplemental/Optional
Life as both plans have beneficiary options.
- Please make sure you note that when you enroll, you need to use Internet Explorer. Login to myBGSU, click on the Employee Tab and then Benefits Enrollment on the left-hand side. Also, please remember to submit your enrollment and print a confirmation statement for your records! Review your confirmation statement to make sure your selections are correct, as no changes can be made after November 17, 2017 unless you have a qualifying Life Event.
- If you need assistance enrolling,
please come to the Office of Human Resources during normal business
hours so that we can assist you.