Faculty Mentor Role
The purpose of the support for the Hoskins Global Scholar (HGS) is for the faculty mentor to assist the student in achieving the individual project goals.
- The faculty mentor is awarded $2,000 in professional or supplemental funds upon completion of successful presentations. The mentor’s role includes overseeing the quality and organization of content, along with effective guidance in the delivery of final presentation.
- Upon the student’s return, meet regularly
- Communicate on a regular basis to provide support during the HGS project duration
- Meet with student, HGS Chair and International Programs and Partnerships prior to departure for experience
- Assist/coach to prepare the application
- Attend the Spring Hoskins Global Scholar Award Reception in spring
- Attend a Hoskins Global Scholars presentation
For more information, please contact the Honors College at email@example.com or 419-372-8504.