Aurora Platform-Beyond the Professoriate
Curious about where you can take your PhD?
Explore AURORA, an eLearning Platform from Beyond the Professoriate that BGSU graduate students now have exclusive access to.
AURORA is designed to help you:
- Explore different career paths, and hear from PhDs currently in those fields;
- Develop the materials and skills you will need on a job search such as resume writing, interview techniques, and networking strategies;
- Translate your academic experiences into transferable skills;
Aurora is an eLearning Platform with on-demand, self-paced learning modules that allow PhDs and Postdocs to discover career options and methods to apply the skills acquired through their education.
By completing two programs of study, graduate students explore career options and learn job search strategies to pursue employment beyond the professoriate.
Aurora benefits graduate students by:
- supporting career exploration.
- providing accessible, well-curated resources for busy graduate students.
- promoting engaged learning through reflective activities that encourage students to apply what they’ve learned.
- complementing existing on-campus graduate student career supports.
- offering recorded seminars, reflective prompts, and assessments that guide the student experience and foster user engagement.
Students can access Aurora today!