Analytics (Archived 2016-17 Graduate Catalog)
Master of Science in Analytics
Graduate Coordinator: Keith Ramsdell
Address: 120 McFall Center
Program Web Page: http://bgsu.edu/msanalytics
Master of Science
MS in Analytics
Prerequisites to Graduate Work
Entering students should have a background in calculus, statistics and computer programming. The prerequisites may be satisfied through undergraduate coursework or substantial practical professional experience.
Applicants seeking admission to the MS in Analytics program should follow the instructions outlined in the Graduate Admission section of this Graduate Catalog.
The program strongly recommends that applicants have a minimum of a 3.0 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) or its equivalent. Applicants are required to submit a copy of an official transcript from all colleges and universities attended, and an official transcript upon admission from all degree-granting institutions. They are also required to submit official scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
All applicants must submit a statement of purpose and three (3) letters of recommendation. Submission of a current professional resume is strongly suggested.
International applicants are also required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The MS in Analytics program requires a total of 33 semester hours.
• MSA 5020 Regression Analysis 3 hours
• MSA 5400 Database Management 3 hours
• MSA 5470 Exploratory Data Analysis 3 hours
• MSA 6010 Decision Optimization 3 hours
• MSA 6701 Analytics Project I 1 hour
• MSA 5160 Time-Series Analysis and Forecasting 3 hours
• MSA 5600 Business Intelligence 3 hours
• MSA 6440 Data Mining 3 hours
• MSA 6500 Big Data Analytics 3 hours
• MSA 6702 Analytics Project II 1 hour
• MSA 6450 Advanced Data Analytics 3 hours
• MSA 6600 Project Management 3 hours
• MSA 6703 Analytics Project III 1 hour
Please access graduate courses online by clicking the “Browsing Course Catalog” button at http://www.bgsu.edu/registration-records/courses-and-classes/class-course-information.html.
Graduate courses offered in the MS in Analytics program use the prefix: MSA.