Delegation of Management Responsibility
3341-1-4 Delegation of Management Responsibility
All University Units
The Office of the President
Office of General Counsel
(A) Policy Statement and Purpose
This policy is to provide a clear line for the delegation of executive management in the absence of the President of the Bowling Green State University and when other members of the President’s Cabinet are absent from the campus. This policy also addresses the limitations for cabinet members traveling together.
(B) Policy Succession
- The President is at all times responsible for the management of the university. This policy recognizes there may be occasions when the President cannot be reached in an emergency or is otherwise unavailable such as, for example, when travelling to a place with unreliable communications. When the President is unavailable the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost (the “Provost”) shall assume responsibility for the management of the university.
- If the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost is unavailable then the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Finance and Administration (“CFO”) will assume management responsibilities.
- In absence of the President, the Provost, and the CFO, the order of succession shall devolve upon the following members of the President’s Cabinet:
(a) Vice President for Partnerships/Chief of Staff
(b) Vice President for University Advancement
- The President will notify the Cabinet in advance of the dates when he/she is unavailable. Members of the Cabinet are responsible for keeping appropriate university officials informed of their availability.
- The senior administrators listed above are encouraged to avoid traveling together due to the potential disruptive impact to university leadership in the event of an accident.
Under no circumstances will more than two of the senior administrators listed above be permitted to travel together in the same airplane, automobile, train, or bus.
Registered Date: March 16, 2015
Amended Date: November 7, 2019; February 11, 2020