About Library Instruction
The Firelands Library offers a variety of instructional services designed to actively integrate information literacy into the curricula and to facilitate students’ acquisition of critical thinking and information-seeking skills. We can provide targeted in-person instruction or online instruction to help your students.
Library Instructional Services Include:
- Course-related instruction
- Individualized instruction and assistance in developing library-related assignments
- Train-the-trainer sessions for graduate assistants, peer mentors or others who may be teaching a course
- Creating online course guides LibGuides about your discipline or class-specific materials that can be embedded into Canvas
- Integrating information literacy learning outcomes and assessment into departmental curricula
- Creating online tutorials
- Research assistance to faculty looking to publish
- Encourage your students to make an appointment with a reference librarian any time throughout the semester for research assistance on a specific subject or assignment. Please contact the Librarian at 419.372.0681 for any assistance.
We welcome opportunities to work with you to customize the right Library Instruction for your class!
LibGuides are course- and subject-specific guides designed to help users find specific material types (like images and newspapers), resources for specific subject areas (like music or environmental sciences), or resources to complete specific assignments. If you would like a librarian to create a guide to support your course, please contact us.
For any digital submissions, you are encouraged to use Canvas for your particular class. This can be used for text articles, syllabi, word documents, URL links, and power point presentations. Please keep copyright compliance in mind.
- Bring all materials that to be placed on reserve to the Library. Assigned articles should be submitted in photocopied form. All photocopied reserves must comply with the requirements of copyright Personal materials or non-library materials will be handled on a case by case basis. Security of the materials is not guaranteed.
- Complete and sign a reserve form (these are also available in the Library).
- All personal materials placed on reserve will be labeled with barcodes unless otherwise specified.
- All non-library owned reserve materials should be picked up by the instructor at the end of the semester unless other arrangements are made.
- Use statistics for reserve materials may be forwarded to the course instructor at the end of each semester; or, if requested, prior to the end of the semester.
- Materials will be available for patron use within three days of receipt.
- Also available is a Digital Steaming Service (must login to search)
Updated: 12/05/2022 05:07PM