For almost 15 years, BGSU has been utilizing a system called “AlertBG” to reach students and the campus community in the event of an emergency.
AlertBG is only used in emergencies or severe weather closures, such as a tornado warning or a gas leak, and the BGSU Police Department sends the messages.
All active students are automatically enrolled in the system and when AlertBG is implemented, they will receive:
- A text message – as long as their cell phone number (not home number) is provided in their MyBGSU account.
- An email sent to their BGSU account.
If you are interested in receiving AlertBG notifications, your student has the option to add one additional cell phone number and email address.
- To do this, students need to log in to MyBGSU.
- Click on the “AlertBG” tab at the top of the Welcome page.
- On the “AlertBG” page, add a secondary email address and mobile number.
- Your student will also have the option to add an “opt-out” date. We recommend using a date after their anticipated graduation date.
If you would like to learn more about this system, additional information can be found on the AlertBG website.
More stories from this month's newsletter
Updated: 05/24/2021 03:20PM