2021 spring education abroad programs
By: Michelle Ploeger, Coordinator of Education Abroad
The decision to participate in an education abroad experience is often the most transforming and inspiring aspect of a student's academic career.
The majority of BGSU students choose to study abroad between their sophomore and senior years. However, with over 500 programs in over 40 countries, Bowling Green State University offers a diverse portfolio of international academic experiences for any student, major, minor and class level.
Students interested in participating in an education abroad experience should start learning more about our programs and connecting with our office as early as possible.
The application deadline has passed for the 2021-22 academic year and 2021 fall semester, but this is the perfect time for students to start considering the 2022 Spring Education Abroad Program.
You can support your student by helping them understand the following deadlines and important steps:
- Spring 2022 education abroad application deadline: Oct. 1, 2021
- 2022 Summer Session, 2022 Fall Semester and 2022-23 academic year education abroad opportunities will be available, and the application deadlines will be announced next fall.
- Review the resources provided on our Education Abroad Get Started Guide.
- Watch our recorded information session or attend a live session, which will resume in September.
These first steps will provide you and your student an overview of options, requirements, considerations, a detailed timeline and will ensure the process is seamless and smooth for your student and family!
Are you or your student on the fence about studying abroad? Here are some reasons why we believe encouraging your student to study abroad is worthwhile:
- Education abroad enhances career preparation by teaching cross-cultural and workplace skills of value to today’s employers, often through internships and other hands-on experiences.
- Education abroad enriches and diversifies undergraduate education by offering courses, programs and academic learning of a sort not possible on the home campus.
- Education abroad provides U.S. students with a global interrelatedness of nations and cultures, the universality of human values and the necessity for working together.
- Education abroad deepens intellectual and personal maturity, fosters independent thinking and builds self-confidence.
Education Abroad, International Programs and Partnerships looks forward to supporting you and your student throughout the education abroad process.
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment with our team, please contact our office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at email@example.com or 419-372-0479. Or, visit us in person at 301 University Hall.