Broadcasting Advisory Committee
To advise the Director of Television Services, the General Manager of the WBGU-FM Radio Station, and other administrative officers concerned with growth and development of broadcasting services of the University.
- Review proposed plans and budgets for broadcasting services designated for the University community, instructional television programming, and northwestern Ohio public broadcasting.
- Make suggestions to the broadcasting services staff regarding the instructional use of broadcast media and closed circuit channels;
- Make other recommendations concerning the development and improvement of broadcasting services and the University's participation in state and national programs of educational and public broadcasting.
- Three elected faculty members, at least two of whom are not members of the Faculty Senate;
- One additional faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- One faculty member from the Department of Telecommunications appointed by the School of Communication Studies;
- One faculty member from the Department of Journalism, appointed by the department;
- One faculty member from the College of Musical Arts, appointed by the college;
- One faculty member from the Department of Popular Culture, appointed by the department;
- One undergraduate student appointed by USG for a one-year term;
- One graduate student appointed by GSS for a one-year term.
- Director of Television Services
- General Manager of the WBGU-FM Radio Station
The chair shall be elected from among the faculty members of the committee.
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
At least three undergraduate colleges should be represented among the faculty members on the committee. Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)