Professional Development Opportunities
2020-2021 AY Professional Development
Project IMPACT is excited to offer online, PD sessions for teachers, administrators and teacher candidates. Teachers and teacher candidates are encouraged to participate in PD together.
- Lesson Study - What is it? What can it do, Oct 29 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm or 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Creating Equity: Moving from Cultural Competency to Cultural Humility, Nov 14 9:30 am – 11:30 am, Nov 16 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Nov 17 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm, or Nov 18 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Real World Issues: A Scenario Based Workshop, Feb 1 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Feb 2 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm, or Feb 3 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Teaching Tolerance: Speak Up at School, March 2 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm or March 4 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Register here for all Project IMPACT PD sessions.
Summer 2020 PD Offerings
- Building Meaningful Connections with Your Students Online with Dr. Savilla Banister
- Social Emotional Learning: What, Why, and How? with Dr. Christy Galletta Horner and Dr. Kristina LaVenia
- Student Views of 1st Amendment Rights and Responsibilities in Schools with Dr. Nancy Patterson
- Building Effective Relationships with Parents and Guardians with Kimberly Christensen
- Assessments for 21st Century Learning with Cindy Edwards
- Digital Citizenship: Curating Content and Resources on the Web with Dr. Allison Goedde
Registration for the Project IMPACT Summer PD is currently closed, but we will be offering more PD in the fall.
We are fully integrating professional development experiences for professional year students and induction for early-career professionals into the core curriculum taught at BGSU through an infusion approach.
We do this using a three-pronged intervention, which consists of
- professional development before and during the year-long professional year for teacher candidates
- intensive, site-based clinical practice with on-site coursework
- a support system for new teachers hired into partner schools.
Professional development incorporates advanced technologies such as micro-credentialing using digital badges, and virtual reality teaching simulations to give teacher candidates the opportunity to apply new skills immediately with formative feedback.