Virtual Simulation Current Offerings
The following scenarios will occur in a classroom environment with students sitting at desks or tables. The age options for students are upper elementary, middle school, or high school. The middle school students can include a student with a learning disability, an English language learner, or a student on the autism spectrum. The behavior of the students can range from low pushback to high.
- Intervention for Individual Student
Learner works with an individual student to complete a task. Learners should provide appropriate levels of support for student.
- Lesson Introduction with Focus on Student Engagement
Learner introduces a lesson in order to engage the avatars by methods such as making personal connections to the topic or tying topic to previous knowledge.
- Lesson Introduction with Focus on Classroom Management
Learner introduces lesson while engaging all avatars and addressing any behavior issues such as side conversations, phone use, or off-task activities.
- Lesson Introduction with Focus on Questioning Techniques
Learner introduces lesson while using questioning techniques that allow avatars to build their own understanding of topic.
- Classroom Management: Gain Attention & Establish Expectations for Group Work
Learner will gain the avatars’ attention by using a consistent learning signal; learner will establish group expectations for behavior during small group work.
- Classroom Acclimation First Day of Student Teaching
Learner introduces her/himself to the avatars on first day of student teaching in order to set norms and expectations with class.
- Classroom Acclimation First Day of Early Field Experience
Learner talks with a small group of avatars to make connections and offer support to students.
- Reinforcing Positive Behavior in Group Work
Learner engages with a small group of avatars and reinforces positive behavior by responding to positive displays and ignoring negative displays.
- Creating an Inclusion Environment in Group Work
Learner engages with avatars assigned a task to complete as a group; learner establishes norms that allow all avatars to play a meaningful role in work.
- Formative Assessment during Group Work
Learner engages with avatars working on a lesson as a small group and questions avatars to assess their understanding of the topic.
The following scenarios can occur in a traditional office, a casual office, a teachers' lounge, or classroom. The attitudes of the adult avatars can range from low pushback to high.
- Parent Conference - Scheduled School Conference
Learner conducts a planned parent conference during a scheduled school building parent conference event.
- Parent Conference - Student Grade Drop
Learner conducts a parent conference to address concerns over a student's recent grade drop.
- Parent Conference - Student Behavior Issue
Learner conducts a parent conference to address behavior issues a student is displaying.
- First Meeting with Classroom Mentor Teacher
Learner conducts a meeting to introduce her/himself to CMT, asks about expectations, classroom policies, student needs, etc.
- Interview with School District Administrator
Learner responds to questions from a district administrator during an interview for a district position.
Updated: 06/16/2021 09:50AM