Project IMPACT is committed to equitably and effectively educating each child through meaningful P20 partnerships focused on facilitating high-quality, relevant professional development that supports and empowers preservice and inservice educators.
- Recruit, prepare, and develop highly qualified teachers, particularly from historically under-represented populations, to fill difficult to staff positions.
- Establish, develop, and strengthen partnerships with area stakeholders including but not limited to local area districts, urban, rural, and charter schools, parents and families, and community organizations.
- Establish processes for the development of common course modules for infusion into teacher education curriculum.
- Assemble an advisory board to gain key stakeholder input on recruitment, areas of need, professional development, retention, and induction.
“I am excited to use the skills I have learned today about my own values and share them to build a stronger connection with future students.” Professional Development Participant, Understanding Your Why
Project IMPACT Overview Video
Learn more about Project IMPACT by watching our overview video.
Publications & Presentations
- Developing Shared Vision: Collective Commitment and Professional Responsibilities. American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education Annual Meeting Presenter. Huziak-Clark, T., Brodeur, K., LaVenia, K. & Weaver, J.
- Collaborative PD of Culturally Responsive Pedagogy. American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) Handbook. Huziak-Clark, T., Brodeur, K., LaVenia, K. & Weaver, J.
- Disrupting Partnership Norms: Educating for the Change our Partners Need. American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education Annual Meeting Presenter. Huziak-Clark, T., Brodeur, K., LaVenia, K. & Weaver, J.
Updated: 08/05/2022 09:47AM