World Language Education Shadow Days
Spend a day at Bowling Green State University shadowing world language education students, and learn about becoming a world language teacher.
As a language teacher, you can have a direct impact on the ability of future generations to be more globally connected in the 21st century. The need for understanding languages and cultures is at an all-time high, and the demand for language teachers in growing.
As part of a Shadow Day visit, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend a class where students are learning about teaching world languages
- Attend a world language class (French, Spanish, German, Chinese, etc.)
- Meet students and professors from the World Language Education Department and World Languages and Cultures Department.
- Learn about study abroad opportunities
- Get a feel for campus life at BGSU
- Ask lots of questions!
We have four upcoming Shadow Days scheduled:
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, October 4, 2018, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 8:15 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Shadow Day events are only for prospective students. We invite students to return with their families for Education Day on Oct. 15, or one of our BGSU Fall Preview Days on Oct. 27 and Dec. 1, 2018.
For more info:
Dr. Brigid M. Burke
Program Coordinator, World Language Education