World Language Education Shadow Days
Spend time at Bowling Green State University by visiting classes remotely and learn about becoming a World Language teacher!
As a world language teacher, you can have a direct impact on the ability of future generations to be more globally connected in the 21st century. The need for understanding languages and cultures is at an all-time high, and the demand for language teachers is growing.
As part of your Shadow visit, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend a class remotely during the day with Dr. Brigid Burke where students are learning about teaching world languages
- Attend a world language class remotely during the day (French, Spanish, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.)
- Meet students and professors from the World Language Education Department and World Languages and Cultures Department
- Attend a World Language Educators Organization meeting in the evening and meet World Language Education majors
- Learn about study abroad opportunities
- Ask lots of questions!
Shadow Visits are available during the Fall 2020 semester. All visits will be online/remote and not in-person on campus because of COVID-19.
It is recommended that you attend a general virtual admissions session before attending Shadow Days to learn more general information about BGSU. You can sign up for a virtual admissions session here: visit.bgsu.edu
- If you are interested in an on-campus visit, please contact your admissions counselor for more information
For more info: