Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM)
The Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM) is a student organization that promotes professional development for aspiring mathematics teachers.
BGCTM welcomes all Adolescent/Young Adult, Middle Childhood, and Inclusive Early Childhood Education majors. Guest speakers and various activities broaden students’ knowledge and understanding of how to teach and grow as educators. BGCTM establishes a way for students from common majors to interact and learn from one another. You can develop your passion for teaching by joining BGCTM!
- Complete the online BGCTM Application.
- Download, print, and fill out the BGCTM Membership Payment Form.
- Turn in the completed payment form and payment to 124 Life Science, Dr. Brahier, Dr. Bostic, Dr. Matney, Dr. Gallagher, Dr. Roberts, Miranda Fox, or April Heideloff.
2017-2018 Executive Board
Upcoming BGCTM Meetings and Events
- Friday, February 2nd - Presentation by NCTM President-elect, Dr. Robert Berry @ 3:30 PM, Olscamp 225
- Tuesday, March 20th - Presentation by Miami University math education professor, Dr. Todd Edwards @ 7:00PM, LSC 112
- Thursday, April 5th - Presentation by Ohio University math education professor, Dr. Courtney Koestler @ 6:00PM, LSC 112
- Saturday, April 21st - Literacy in the Park @ 10:00AM, Perry Field House
- Sunday, April 22nd - End of year Cookout @ 4:00-7:00 PM, location TBD
Meetings and Accomplishments of 2017
- Some members traveled with Dr. Matney to Thailand over Winter Break
- Wednesday, November 29th - Presentation by OSU math education professor, Dr. Teddy Chao, on Equity Based Pedagogy @ 7:00PM in LSC 112
- Monday, October 30th - Presentation by NCTM Executive Director, Kim Yoak, @ 7:00PM in LSC 112
- Thursday/Friday, October 19th/20th - OCTM Conference @ Columbus Convention Center
- Thursday, September 28th - First Year Panel @ 7:00PM in ED 115
- Saturday, September 23rd - STEM in the Park @ 9:30AM in the Perry Field House