Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM)
The Bowling Green Council of Teachers of Mathematics (BGCTM) is a student organization that promotes professional development for aspiring mathematics teachers.
BGCTM welcomes all Adolescent/Young Adult, Middle Childhood, and Inclusive Early Childhood Education majors. Guest speakers and various activities broaden students’ knowledge and understanding of how to teach and grow as educators. BGCTM establishes a way for students from common majors to interact and learn from one another. You can develop your passion for teaching by joining BGCTM!
2018-2019 Executive Board
Upcoming BGCTM Meetings and Events
- Wednesday, February 27th - Presentation by GGSU Senior Lecturer, Christy Miller @ 7:00PM in BA 1007
- Monday, March 25th - Joint meeting with ONU students and presentation led by Dr. Gabriel Matney from 6:30-8:30PM
- Thursday, April 11th - Presentation led by OCTM President Jodie Bailey
- Saturday, May 4th - Literacy in the Park from 10:00AM - 2:00PM in Perry Field House
Meetings and Accomplishments of 2017/2018
- Thursday, September 13th - Presentation by UNLV math education professor and former BGSU Emeritus Professor of mathematics, Dr. William Speer @ 6:30PM in Olscamp 117
- Saturday, September 29th - STEM in the Park from 9:30AM - 2:00PM in the Perry Field House
- Thursday, October 4th - Fresmen Panel followed by Math Trivia Night @ 7:30PM in Olscamp 117
- Wednesday, October 24th - Joint meeting with engineering preservice teacher at Ohio Northern University
- Wednesday, December 5th - Presentation by Findlay High School math teacher, Maria Nielsen @ 7:30PM in 210 Math Science