Mathematics Specialist Endorsement
- This endorsement is for degree-holding teachers who want to obtain a P-6 mathematics certificate. To be admitted to the Graduate P-6 Mathematics Specialist Endorsement Certificate program, the candidate must hold a license/certificate in Early Childhood, Middle Childhood Mathematics, or Adolescent Mathematics and have at least three years of successful experience in teaching mathematics.
- The program consists of 18-21 credit hours. In a typical scenario, the program is expected to take three semesters. Refer to the program checksheet for more specific information.
- EDTL 6510: P-8 Academic Content Standards for Mathematics Teachers I
- EDTL 6800: Trends and Resources in Mathematics Education
- EDTL 6520: P-8 Academic Content Standards for Mathematics Teacher II
- EDTL 6800: Coaching in Mathematics and Science [DREAMS Leadership Academy]
- EDFI 6450: Using Assessment and Research to Improve Practice
- EDTL 6890: Practicum in Mathematics and Science Leadership
- Certificate Endorsement candidates must pass the Middle Childhood level Mathematics Praxis II exam (0069).
To Obtain the Endorsement:
- Once course requirements are complete, candidates will need to submit the following to the EDHD Office of Accreditation and Licensure:
- An Ohio Department of Education Licensure Application
- Associated fees
- An official transcript of final grades
- An official Praxis II score report confirming passage of the exam
Dr. Daniel Brahier
124 Life Science Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403